Apart from the compulsory nature of marine cargo insurance on goods being imported into the country, the policy is designed along the following lines to cover loss or damage to goods due to maritime perils from port of shipment to the port of discharge and/or warehouse of the insured. The policy can be arranged as follows:
- Institute Cargo Clauses “A”
- Institute Cargo Clauses “B”
- Institute Cargo Clauses “C”
- Worldwide to Warehouse in Nigeria
- Various goods or items as may be supplied
- Estimated annual shipment/import
- Conveyances and/or approved steamers (as per Nigerian institute classification Clause) and/or airfreight.